A Sanctuary Like No Other
Enjoy remarkable seclusion without isolation – you can be in Montville within 5 minutes, Maleny or Nambour within 20 minutes, or down on the coast at the beach within 35 minutes. Yet, when you enter the front gate at ‘Arrakis’ you will feel like you are the only people on the planet…just you and the resident birdlife!
This truly magical sanctuary tucked away in absolute tranquility and privacy on a stunning acre parcel, surrounded by magnificent rainforest, bordering Kondalilla National Park on one side, and 20 acres on the other; aptly named ‘Arrakis’ by its original long-term owners, after a lush rainforest paradise from Frank Herbert’s best-selling ‘Dune’ series – it is a place of immense beauty, serenity and calm.
The home was lovingly custom-built and designed by its owners to be in perfect symmetry with its surrounds, and seamlessly blends comfortable, family-friendly living with lashings of charm and warmth, that is something to behold.
Family-sized, the home is complete with an expansive north facing entertaining area at front overlooking a deep 50,000 litre inground pool with gas-heated waterfall spa, five bedrooms, rustic-style kitchen, three exotic bathrooms – reminiscent of a luxury eco-resort style, double sized home office, formal lounge and dining, family/media room, private balcony off master plus private balconies off two of the downstairs bedrooms.
The home features an abundance of timber, some of it from the property – from Spotted Gum flooring, Tallow wood staircase, Flooded Gum benches in kitchen, Red Cedar cabinetry, and exposed timber beams on the soaring cathedral ceilings… the effect is rich, earthy, and warm.
Other features include: automatic skylights, Scandia slow burning combustion fireplace, 2 x 9kW split system air-conditioning units, fans throughout, oversized picture windows to showcase the rainforest – every room has a spectacular outlook, mood lighting, retractable screens throughout, 5.2kW solar power with inverter, and a delightful fishpond at the entrance.
Infrastructure on the property includes: double carport, double lock-up garage/powered shed, cottage/studio, remote controlled front gate, Ozzi Kleen sewerage treatment system, 20,000 litre water tank with Grundfos pump and gas hot water plus 2 x 8,000 litre water tanks also with pump and gas hot water.
The garden around the home is well-established and requires minimal care, and there is a flat grassy area for children and pets to play; the rest of the property is rainforest and takes care of itself. There is a plethora of flowering plants that pop with colour and also create sweet fragrant aromas, and a handful of fruit trees.
There is nothing like this for sale on the Sunshine Coast – it is a veritable haven of idyllic bliss and harmony.
– Stunning custom-built home surrounded by rainforest, adjoining Kondalilla National Park, boasts absolute privacy and tranquility in breathtaking surrounds;
– 5 bedrooms, 3 eco-resort style bathrooms, home office, separate living areas, rustic country-style kitchen,
– North-facing alfresco entertaining with 50,000 litre inground pool and waterfall spa, expansive covered decking;
– Soaring cathedral ceilings with timber beams & automatic skylights, Spotted Gum timber floors, Tallow wood staircase;
– Scandia slow combustion fireplace, split-system air-conditioning, plantation style ceiling fans, 5.2kW solar power & inverter;
– Oversized pichure windows to showcase the beauty of the setting…you’ll truly feel like you are living amongst the trees;
– Fenced 4047m2 with electric gate, double carport, double lock up garage/shed with power, cottage/studio, water tanks, Ozzi Kleen sewerage system;
– Established flowering plants and native gardens around home, easy to maintain – rest of property is rainforest, abundant birdlife & wildlife present;
– Just 5 minutes to Montville, 20 minutes to Maleny and Nambour, 35 minutes to coast beaches & amenities;
– Long-term owners build and designed this truly special property, raised their family here, and are now relocating to be near their grandchildren;
– First time to the market ever – one of a kind in every sense, inspections will thoroughly enchant and charm!