‘Narrows Escape’ is a multi-award winning, 5-star, eco-certified retreat, set amongst 2.95 ha of remnant rainforest in the beautiful Sunshine Coast Blackall Range, just four minutes to the charming village of Montville, and a short stroll to stunning Lake Baroon; romantic, tranquil, private, and picturesque … idyllic in both location and lifestyle.
Established in 1996, this is one of the Sunshine Coast hinterland’s most awarded, recognised, and successful short-stay accommodation businesses; current owners of 11 years bought into a viable, well-run establishment, and have taken it to the next level, whereby it truly is a world-class business of the very highest calibre.
Infrastructure on the property includes: six fully self-contained luxury timber pavilions, separate laundry facility, saltwater in-ground pool, on-site covered parking for guests, extra visitor parks, and a three-bedroom manager/owner’s residence with recently refurbished reception area.
Each pavilion is complete with timber floors, high ceilings with skylights showcasing the rainforest canopy, double spa baths, log-fires, reverse cycle air-conditioning, fully equipped kitchen, plus a large private balcony to soak up the ambience and admire the leafy outlook.
A permanent running creek flows through the property, and there is an abundance of birdlife … some guests may be lucky enough to spot a koala or two. There is a delightful forest trail on the property that many of the guests bushwalk through; really connecting with nature at the most fundamental level, it is an experience to cherish.
The reputation of ‘Narrows Escape’ is first-class across all online channels, and they have established an ongoing relationship with tourism operators in Europe and the United Kingdom, which has resulted in approximately 20% of their business coming from international visitors; there are currently pre-bookings from European travellers more than 12 months in advance. Overall, their occupancy rate is consistently high, way above average for this type of business, with 85-90% across all seasons, peak and off-peak.
Owners have a high-functioning, streamlined business model, complete with detailed policy and procedures manuals, as well as the ability to operate the business remotely. Everything has been thought of, and after 11 years … this is a slick, efficient operation, that allows the owners a wonderful balanced lifestyle, where they benefit from an attractive income, whilst still able to have time off to travel and enjoy ‘down time’.
With plans to remain in the local area and pursue a new endeavour, the current owners will greatly assist the new operators to ensure a smooth transition, and have a strong emotional connection to this very special place, that has been an integral part of their life for over a decade.
The Blackall Range in the Sunshine Coast hinterland is renowned for its pristine national parks, art galleries, boutique dining and retail, wineries, and scenic rolling hills … visitors from across Australia and the globe are attracted to this truly special part of the world. There is so much on offer here, that even many locals choose to spend their weekend escapes in one of the historic villages and surrounds, rather than travelling out of the region.
Buyers seeking a lifestyle change with a healthy bottom line and stellar reputation, minimising risk, should enquire – this stands in a league of its own.
– World-class rainforest retreat, 5-star rating, multi-award winning, occupancy rates between 85-90% all year round;
– 2.95 ha of remnant rainforest frames six luxury pavilions – fully self-contained and private;
– 3-bedroom residence on-site for owner/manager with reception area, separate laundry facility for guests, in-ground saltwater pool;
– Pavilions feature: timber floors, high ceilings, skylights, double spa baths, fully equipped kitchens, log fires, reverse cycle A/C, and large balcony;
– Permanent running creek flows through property, and there is a forest walk for guests to enjoy, plus abundant bird and wildlife;
– Established in 1996, current owners operating for 11 years, well-established, streamlined systems in place for smooth transition;
– Healthy forward-bookings, 20% of trade from international visitors via established overseas agencies;
– Just 4 minutes to historic hinterland township of Montville, short drive to Maleny – art galleries, national parks and waterfalls, boutique dining and wineries;
– Idyllic setting, amazing lifestyle change of the highest calibre – one, if not the most viable of its kind … interest will be global!