This thoroughly charming Queenslander, circa early 1900’s, is resplendent in reflecting and embodying the grace of its vintage, offering a comfortable contemporary living without compromising character.
With two bedrooms all opening onto decks, a two-way main bathroom with romantic claw foot bath, elegant formal lounge and dining, country-style kitchen opening to a rear deck, study nook, and carport underneath; this is the perfect size for a couple or small family looking for a lifestyle change or even a hinterland weekender.
Features reflecting the home’s era such as lead-lighting, stained glass, VJ walls, timber floors, French doors, original casement windows and canopies, ceiling roses, and decorative fretwork, all work to enhance warmth. A combustion fireplace is a handsome centrepiece of the lounge, and the kitchen has a stainless steel 900mm electric oven with a gas cooktop.
One of the features that make Queenslander’s so beloved and practical in this warm climate, is the inclusion of verandahs and decking to facilitate our love of alfresco relaxation and entertaining, as well as to invite in breezes to ventilate the home. With an east facing front verandah, a north facing deck off bedroom three, and a west facing deck off the kitchen; you can watch the sun rise and set, and it offers all-season comfort.
The cottage-style gardens are colourful and well-established with a variety of flowering plants and shrubs framing the home beautifully; on one and a half acres, there is also masses of room for children and pets to romp around in the sunshine, and plenty of space to build a shed or put in a pool.
Only a short drive to the townships of either Mapleton or Montville, both with primary schools and other facilities; 15 minutes to Nambour or Maleny to access major amenities, and 30 minutes to beaches. The very finest of both worlds is on offer.
Located in a dress circle, quiet Flaxton pocket surrounded by premium homes on acreage blocks, this is a truly desirable hinterland location, a shining example of all the reasons people are attracted to the lifestyle on offer up on the Blackall Range – immense natural beauty, friendly welcoming communities, and an absence of the generic suburban neighbourhoods.
• Resplendent Queenslander, circa early 1900’s, exudes charm & character in abundance;
• Quiet, dress circle location, 1½ glorious acres with colourful established gardens and abundant bird life;
• North facing with 2 bedrooms, 1 sleep-out, 2-way bathroom, country-style kitchen, formal lounge/dining;
• VJ walls, high ceilings, original windows, timber floors, French doors, clawfoot bath, stained glass;
• Handsome combustion fireplace centrepiece of lounge, verandah/deck access from both bedrooms;
• North facing front verandah, west facing deck off the sleep-out, and south facing deck off kitchen – all seasons, all weather alfresco living;
• Short drive to Mapleton or Montville, 15 minutes to Nambour or Maleny amenities, 30 minutes to coast;
• Buyers seeking an authentic Queenslander in a picturesque, coveted location…this is a classic!